ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

the SendBroadcastData command

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hello everyone,...

I have a doubt about the usage of protocol of the ANT.

Once the channel is open on a master, this starts to send broadcast data, the last data it had in memory at the frequency that is programmed, let's say 4Hz right?..

If i send the command "SendBroadCastData" in an exact moment does it force an immediate send of the data, and the next one will be sent 1/4th second later, or does it just change the content of the 8 bytes of Data???..

It's really important, cause i'm developing smt that should send 3 different type of packets, one ANT+ e two private, at intervals that could arrive up to 230milliseconds, so I was thinking if this can interfere with the ANT protocol (I mean use SendBroadcastData at the same period of the ANT one)...

thanks a lot for your help..

I.      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-05-03

PM

Hi,

This is how the SendBroadcastData command works:

If you send, for example, three broadcast messages during the same channel period, the last message is the only one that will be transmitted (the first two will be lost). Therefore, the best way to prevent message loss is to send broadcast messages after receiving the event "EVENT_TX". This way will ensure the broadcast messages to be queued in the buffer and to be sent in the next channel period.