Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT in Android 13

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-08-03

PM

I have been trying to build in ANT support for the Android ROM I use.

I'm using this guide - but it's 5 years old. Will it be updated since the Android SDK was updated?

https://github.com/ant-wireless/ANT_in_Android

Is there anything I can do in the to fix permissions for ANT Radio service in Android 13?
When i use Ant Tester - it says Built-in in firmware: no service.

ANT Radio Service- Error: Permissions -> Additional permission > Use ANT hardware. There is no permission to change within android settings.

Everything else is green.

This is in my logs
W ActivityManager: Permission Denial: Accessing service com.dsi.ant.server/.AntService from pid=10230, uid=10192 requires com.dsi.ant.permission.ANTRADIO

I have added the permission in the my device tree.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2023-08-15

PM

macka - 03 August 2023 06:11 PM
I have been trying to build in ANT support for the Android ROM I use.

I'm using this guide - but it's 5 years old. Will it be updated since the Android SDK was updated?

https://github.com/ant-wireless/ANT_in_Androiduno online

Is there anything I can do in the to fix permissions for ANT Radio service in Android 13?
When i use Ant Tester - it says Built-in in firmware: no service.

ANT Radio Service- Error: Permissions -> Additional permission > Use ANT hardware. There is no permission to change within android settings.

Everything else is green.

This is in my logs
W ActivityManager: Permission Denial: Accessing service com.dsi.ant.server/.AntService from pid=10230, uid=10192 requires com.dsi.ant.permission.ANTRADIO

I have added the permission in the my device tree.

The guide you are using is outdated and may not work with the latest Android SDK and Android 13. You may want to check out the official documentation for ANT in Android, which provides more up-to-date information on how to set up the Android 13 SDK, migrate your app to Android 13, and get Android 13 on a device or emulator.

One possible reason for the permission denial error you are getting is that you have not declared the com.dsi.ant.permission.ANTRADIO permission in your app’s manifest file. You need to add the following line to your manifest file:

<uses-permission android:name=“com.dsi.ant.permission.ANTRADIO” >

Another possible reason is that you have not granted the permission to the ANT Radio Service app in the device settings. You need to go to Settings > Apps & notifications > ANT Radio Service > Permissions and enable the Use ANT hardware permission.