Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

how to handling received message in C#?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-05-26

PM

in ANT_DLL there are events like EVEN_RX_Broadcast which we get it when we receive a Broadcast message and the same thing for other transmission types. is it possible to use the same events in C# especially after checking the ANT_ReferenceLibrary i didn't find the related value. do i need to add them to the EVENTID enumeration values or it can be handled in another way
from the ANT_DLL (file antdefines.h)i found these values

EVENT_RX_BROADCAST ((UCHAR)0x9A)
EVENT_RX_ACKNOWLEDGED ((UCHAR)0x9B)
EVENT_RX_BURST_PACKET ((UCHAR)0x9C)
EVENT_RX_EXT_BROADCAST ((UCHAR)0x9D)
EVENT_RX_EXT_ACKNOWLEDGED ((UCHAR)0x9E)
EVENT_RX_EXT_BURST_PACKET ((UCHAR)0x9F)
EVENT_RX_FLAG_BROADCAST ((UCHAR)0xA3)
EVENT_RX_FLAG_ACKNOWLEDGED ((UCHAR)0xA4) EVENT_RX_FLAG_BURST_PACKET ((UCHAR)0xA5)

thanks alot      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-05-03

PM

Hello,

The 'ANT Managed Library' in C# is slightly different than ANT_DLL in terms of using it such as how to handle ANT device responses and channel events. However, both these libraries share the same basis for connecting to ANT devices and handling events and responses.

There are demos and source code available for both libraries in 'ANT Windows Library Package'. You can download the package from ANT+ Adopter Zone under ANT Software Tools.

It is recommended for ANT developers to use this package as it provides good examples on how to use the different ANT libraries; ANT_DLL and ANT Managed Library.