ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Garmin FitCSVTool Timestamp issue

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-05-02

PM

I convert the garmin fit file to csv from fitcsvtoo.zar with this command

C:/Windows/System32/java.exe -jar C:/fitSDK/java/FitCSVTool.jar -b C:/281/2013-07-19-16-41-34.fit C:/281/2013-07-19-16-41-34.csv

but they converted timestamp with localtimezone, i am from india so that it display format like 'Fri Jul 19 11:11:34 IST 2013'

any idea? about fitcsvtool that not convert with timezone or any command. here issue with timezone please help me. asap.      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2012-10-12

PM

Hi Kamlesh,

Your command syntax for using the Java tool seems fine. For me when I convert .FIT files the timestamps are still found in the date_time format inside the .csv file (a 32 bit number like ~740000000). What messages are in your .FIT file? Can you post it or send it to me by PM? What version of the FIT SDK do you have?

Regards
ShaneP      
Rank

Joined 2013-05-02

PM

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your response. i used version 6.11 to convert fit file to csv file.here fit to csv tool conver fit file to cs file using localtime zone. how to get with no time zone any idea from your end please tell me.      
RankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-12

PM

I tried testing with version 6.10 of the CSVTool but still can't reproduce your issue. All the timestamps are displayed in the date_time format (seconds since Dec31 1989). Perhaps the version of the tool you are using has been modified. If you have the source you can check your Java documentation and any usage of util.date and util.calendar in the onMesg listeners.

You could also try downloading the newest version of the FITSDK from http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/      
RankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-12

PM

Maybe I understand your issue better now, are you looking at the XXX_session.csv or XXX_lap.csv file? They just contain certain messages with some extra formatting.

Timestamps are displayed in your local time if you use myMesg.getTimesStamp().toString();. If you call myMesg.getTimeStamp.getDate() you will get a java.util.Date object that you can format as needed.

Regards
ShaneP      
Rank

Joined 2013-05-02

PM

Hi Shane,

i am using with c# code and please tell me need to help with local timestamp to garmi user timezone date.      
RankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-12

PM

-Check this thread for some suggestions for determining the local timezone:
http://www.thisisant.com/forum/adopter-zone/viewthread/4051/

Bear in mind the recording the timezone is not required and may not be found in your source .FIT file.

Regards
ShaneP