Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Garmin Product Name

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-09-10

PM

Is it possible to get the Garmin Product name (e.g. "Garmin Forerunner 610") from a Fit file?

I see the product id in the DeviceInfoMesg, but I'm looking for a descriptive name like the one that is available in the Creator tag of the tcx files.

For example:
<Creator xsi:type="Device_t">
<Name>Garmin Forerunner 610</Name>
<UnitId>3823468807</UnitId>
1345</ProductID>
<Version>
<VersionMajor>2</VersionMajor>
<VersionMinor>90</VersionMinor>
<BuildMajor>0</BuildMajor>
<BuildMinor>0</BuildMinor>
</Version>
</Creator>      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Hi,

You should be able to find this info in the 'garmin_product' field in the file_id message - assuming this field is present in the file.

Take a look at the profile.xls spreadsheet in the FIT SDK for the string conversions.

Kat      
Rank

Joined 2014-09-10

PM

Kat,

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at the profile.xls and I found the garmin_product section, but it only seems to match the product id to a code. For example, the Forerunner 610 has an id of 1345, and in the profile.xml the only value I can find related to that is "fr610" which looks more like a product code as opposed to a name.

Is there somewhere I can find the product name that relates to fr610?

Thanks,
Wade      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Hi Wade,

"fr610" is the string that would typically be displayed to consumers to identify the model. This is much more meaningful than the number 1345 and I'd expect most product owners to recognise it. It stands for ForeRunner 610. The expanded string isn't written anywhere for this product, although the comments column has extra detail for some of the products.

Hope that's helpful,

Kat      
Rank

Joined 2014-09-10

PM

This answers my question. It would be nice to be able to get the full product name through the fit sdk, but at least I know I'm not missing something obvious.

Thanks!
Wade      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

You only get the code (enum value), not a STRING. And be aware that even the most current FIT SDKs might not contain the codes for the latest Garmin models. I've seen months pass until some models were added to the list.

Cheers,
OMB