ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

mcu can’t receive message from NRF24AP2E with Asynchronous mode

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi All

I design my hardware just like referrence design: xc32k1,portsel: connect to GND;
BR1,BR2,BR3,SIN,SOUT: connect to VCC; baudrate:57600;
RESET: connect to mcu's reset,which is High;
SUSPEND: pull up;
SLEEP: pull down;
RTS: connect to mcu's gpio input;

uart setting:1 start bit;1 stop bit;8 data size; no parity;57600;

the clock is 16Mhz;

After I reset the system, I will do uart config,then send command to NRF24AP2E ; but I can't get any message from it.And it's strange that the bit period is 25us measured by Oscilloscope,which should by 17us.

Can anybody help me?Thank you very much.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

If there is a mismatch on baud rate, you will have issues communicating through UART. Since you mention the bit period you are measuring is not as expected, please double check your clock circuitry, as well as your UART baud rate configuration.

Please carefully review your connections with respect to the reference design for UART in the datasheet From your description, there may be a few errors - SIN/SOUT should be connected to the serial lines of your MCU, not to VCC. Are you using an external 32KHz clock sourced for the AP2? XC32K1& 2 should be connected to the external 32KHz source if you are using one.

If possible, we would also recommend connecting the RESET pin to an output in your MCU, so you have the ability to reset the AP2 from your MCU.