ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

SensRcore transmission distance

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2009-10-18

PM

Hi,

I am using a pair of AT3 SensRcore config as in you sample application "continuos scanning mode for asynchronous topologies". One side is use the USB board with one SensRcore. Other is with the Battery board. The config of the Battery board side is as Master and send A to D data to computer. The Gobal Transmission and the ANT channel Power also set to 0dbm. I think this is the max. power output. However, the distance between the two board are 4 meter for no obstacle. Two meter for wooden wall. And can go through a concrete wall. I want to know what is the max. transmission distance of the ANT products? What other config can i make to increase the transmission distance? Can I add a external Antenna to increase the transmission power?

Thanks!      
Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-11-03

PM

Hi,

The ANT AP1/AP2 and AT3 modules are rated for 30m line of sight under ideal RF conditions. Transmission distance is very much a function of the RF environment, it may be that there is a lot of interference in your environment resulting in poor transmission quality. Have you tried switching to another RF frequency? Do you also have an AT3 module plugged into the USB stick on the PC side? We have observed that the serial lines will couple into the RF section for modules mounted on the molex connectors. This could also be causing reduced RF performance.

To increase transmission distance you could implement a Power Amplifier (PA) on the transmit side and a Linear Noise Amplifier on the receive side. For antenna support, please contact Nordic Semiconductor technical support portal. The portal may be found on the Nordic web site http://www.nordicsemi.no under support area on the upper command bar, middle right.

Regards,
Sebastian      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi,

-- Have you tried switching to another RF frequency?

After read your suggestion I had tried 2.403GHZ, 2.439GHZ and 2.475GHZ. But still had not improvment.

-- Do you also have an AT3 module plugged into the USB stick on the PC side?

Yes.

-- We have observed that the serial lines will couple into the RF section for modules mounted on the molex connectors. This could also be causing reduced RF performance.

You mean I need to wiring the AT3 module to the battery by myself and not use the molex connector to connect the two board? But the two board is I brought from your company's development kit.

Now the transmission distance is a big problem for my project. Suppose I need to get a remote sensor data away from my computer about 10 meter. now the 4 meter transmission is abnormal. I think I need your Hong Kong agents to help me to clear the problem. Can you arrange this for me?

Thanks!