Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Continuous Scanning Mode Demo

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2014-07-09

PM

Hello;
I Have a Ant Usb-m
Does it work with Continuous Scanning Mode Demo?
When I run the demo ant try to connect with a Heart Rate Sensor...
1. Connect thought USB Port No. 0
Msg in screen --->Connected.
2. Config Scan Mode --->RF Freq:57, Device No.0, Device Type 120, Trans.Type 1, Rx Only (no)
3. Click on Config Scan Mode
Msg in screen --->Set scanning mode configuration.
4.Click on Open Scan Mode
Msg in screen --->Started scanning mode....

But nothing happens...

I read that Ant Usb-m does nost work with Continuous Scanning Mode
Is that true?

Thanks for your help.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 156

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

Hi,

The ANT USB-m does work with continuous scanning mode. To receive from ANT+ heart rate monitors you must set your Continuous Scan to the ANT+ network key: (http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/tech-faq/where-can-i-find-the-ant-network-key-and-the-ant-fs-network-key/) .

The built version of the ANT Scanning Mode demo is set to a default network key of all 0s. You must change the network key in the source code provided. Also, it is recommended in the device profile that you wild card (set to 0) the Transmission Type on the slave side of the Heart Rate channel.

Where did you read the ANT USB-m does not work with Continuous Scanning Mode?      
Rank

Joined 2014-07-09

PM

Hi.
On ANT Scanning Mode demo where is that variable that holds the network key.

If is ANT_NETWORK I see that is set to 0 how can I pass the net key, I try on hex I it did´t work.

Is there a document somewhere with a list of the functions?

Thanks

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

In the continuous scanning demo reference code, ANT_NETWORK refers to the ANT Network Number. You can configure up to 3 ANT networks on most components (up to 8 on the nRF51422).

The network key in this example is defined as USER_NETWORK_KEY.      
Rank

Joined 2014-07-09

PM

Hi
I´m searching the complete project "AN14 - Continuous Scanning Mode.sln" and I don´t find the USER_NETWORK_KEY
Thanks

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

It is in the ant_control.cpp file.      
Rank

Joined 2014-07-09

PM

Sorry I dont see it

Here you can see my ccp file id does not contain USER_NETWORK_KEY.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59464560/Ant_control.ccp

Thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

My apologies, I was referring to a different version of the source code.

In ANT_control.cpp, you will find the comment "Using public network, so no need to set network key", this indicates the demo will be using the default network key, and chooses to not call the ANT_SetNetworkKey() function to specifically configure an ANT network key.

You can call ANT_SetNetworkKey() in the ANTControl_ConfigScanningMode() function to configure the network key before the channel parameters are configured.

Rank

Joined 2014-07-09

PM

IT WORKS!!!!!
Thanks      
Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2023-08-06

PM

Regarding your question about whether the ANT USB-m works with Continuous Scanning Mode, the ANT USB-m is capable of performing continuous scanning. However, there could be various reasons why you are not seeing any results or data from the scanning process in the demo.

Check Hardware Connection: Ensure that your ANT USB-m is properly connected to your computer's USB port and that there are no issues with the connection.

Check ANT USB-m Driver: Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your ANT USB-m device. Outdated or incompatible drivers could potentially cause communication issues. Rainbow Friends